Miss Lucy Simian is a recurring antagonist in The Amazing World of Gumball. She teaches at Elmore Junior High, and has been doing so since the Stone Age. Miss Simian absolutely despises Gumball, and will do anything to ruin his mischievous plans. Principal Brown has a maddening crush on her, and she gladly returns the feeling.
|Relatives||Mr. Simian (father), (dead)|
|Introduced In||The Responsible|
|Voiced by|| Lewis MacLeod (Season 1)|
Hugo Harold-Harrison (Season 2 onwards)
Miss Simian is a very, very old baboon. She has dark grey fur, a homely primate face, and wears a pale brownish-red polka-dotted dress. Like most primates, her arms span the length of her body, though, she walks solely on her two legs instead of using her arms to help. She is also rather skinny for a primate.
In her Season 2 redesign, her dress is pink with no dots, the wrinkles on her lips are gone, and you cannot see her pelvis. Also, her face is now a color of pink on her nose, eye bags, and ears, as compared to Season 1, in which her face's colors are only black and white.
Miss Simian acts very grumpy, and doesn't seem to care about her students in the least, especially Gumball and Darwin, whom she hates with a passion. She is a vicious and sadistic woman, who takes great pleasure in giving out pop quizzes, and outright lying to her students just so she doesn't get in trouble. Her nasty attitude is somewhat justified by the fact that she's been a teacher for many years (numbered in the thousands), a job that she apparently hates. She seems to make an exception for William, as she takes him in as her personal snitch.
In "The Apology," it is shown that when she becomes particularly enraged or frustrated, she reverts to a much more feral personality, and (like a real ape) will loudly screech, and go on a rampage of destruction.
- "The Responsible"
- "The Third"
- "The End"
- "The Dress"
- "The Party"
- "The Picnic"
- "The Secret"
- "The Mustache"
- "The Fight"
- "The Banana" (cameo)
- "The Words"
- "The Skull"
- "The Bet"
- "Christmas" (cameo)
- "The Flakers" (cameo)
- "The Storm"
- "The Lesson"
- "The Boombox"
- "The Tape" (voice)
- "The Fraud"
- "The Burden"
- "The Butterfly"
- "The Saint"
- "The Safety"
- "The Society"
- "The Countdown"
- She is the oldest character in the show that isn't a planet.
- The word "simian" means "ape," or "monkey," which is accurate since Miss Simian is a baboon.
- Like most cartoon characters, Miss Simian has four fingers, while real primates have five.
- Miss Simian is apparently quite old, as she has had the same appearance since Nicole was a child.
- This is due to the fact she is over 300 millennium old, and she taught during the Stone Age.
- In "The Apology," it is revealed that her first name is Lucy
- This is a reference to Lucy, the first hominid to walk upright.
- In Season 2, her accent appears to have slightly changed from a British-American accent to an American accent.